Travis and I have made many trips to the Oregon coast in our married life. We've gone together while dating (he proposed on the beach in Lincoln City), with family many times and a few jaunts out with friends. We've never, however, gone to the beach with ONLY our little (well, many people think our family is big) family.
That changed this last weekend. On a last minute whim, after taking stock of work loads, behaviors of children, lack of time focused on our family unit, etc., Travis asked, "Do you want to go to the beach?" Ha ha... as if I'd say no! Getting away from the house to the beach or the mountain - these are places where my heart feels calm. So a chance to go to the beach? I'm on board every time!
Our time was wonderful! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and I'll post pictures and tell you more about it later. But for now... enjoy the aftermath of a beach trip (no, not the laundry or unpacking). Today, while giving the boys a bath, I couldn't help but laugh because....
You know you've been to the ocean recently when... you hear the boys comment, "It's low tide" when the tub starts filling and when it's full, "It's high tide!!!"
That's funny. Can't wait for the pictures.
ReplyDelete