Sunday, March 24, 2013

Mt. Hood Weekend Feb. 2013

We went up to Mt Hood to meet our small group from church at a lodge that one of the ladies reserved for our very large group (27 children - only 4 were teenagers, 13 adults). We had so much fun playing in the snow - sledding, innertubing, digging, building things and being with friends. It was a lovely way to spend a weekend! Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera out in the lodge. Keeping up with Kezia was enough for me... so I forgot about taking pictures.

We left the lodge on Sunday and went back to our cabin in Rhodedendron to spend some time together as a family, as well. It was lovely - the snow had melted by the cabin, so we were able to trek by Zig Zag River and enjoy the winter (minus snow) at the cabin!


Kids in the cabin

Looking down on Zig Zag River. This guy is an AWESOME daddy!

The kids on the bench above Zig Zag. I sat here with my Daddy when I was little. Some of my fondest memories are at my Grandpa's cabin with my family.
 The kids found a "sticky post" near the pedestrian bridge over Zig Zag River. A few years back, Papa (my dad) would take them on walks and tell them that if they touched these "sticky posts" (his words), they'd be stuck forever. Only he had the potion to release them from sticky posts. Of course, the boys got stuck, but Katiree declared that she had been given potion that lasted forever from Papa so she wouldn't stick to the sticky post. Thankfully for the boys, Mama (I) had the potion Papa had given me for these "sticky" situations. They were released from the sticky posts!!!

Katiree and the boys wanted this picture taken to show how much they love the Randall cabin.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment